Thread: Cannot e-mail links due to loginnet.passport.com

Cannot e-mail links due to loginnet.passport.com

Hi, I am using Windows XP system and prefer Internet Explorer 7 for web browsing. Don’t know what happened to my system it wont allow me to send any URL or internet page anymore. Whenever I try to send any URL, it brings up a pop window titled as ‘loginnet.passport.com’. I don’t know what it is.

I have never seen it before also dint found anything working regarding this on web. Hope someone from here can help me out for sure. Thanks.

RE: Cannot e-mail links due to loginnet.passport.com

As far as i know mail services like Hotmail, or MSN mail uses this passport login and i think you have set the same for your mailing purpose. You need to change the same. Just go to your mail options and you will find a setting to save your logon info to let you use it automatically. Hope it helps. Let us know the result.

Thank you very much for the help Debbie but i never used any of the hotmail or msn mail. So i dont think that could be the problem. Is there any another way of getting rid of loginnet.passport.com pop up? Thanks again.

Many times it happens if nothing is set to bring up the loginnet.passport.com box but still if it appears then it could be malware on your system requesting the password. I have seen many such cases. Hence before trying out any core troubleshooting you should try scanning your complete system and make it malware free. Simply download the free Windows Defender home from this Microsoft Page, install and run. Once it finished, restart the system and try again to send a URL. See if the problem exists.

Change your internet options

In your internet options under programs tab you will see the internet programs which you can select for your browser to use such as Html editor, Email,Internet phone etc. Just change your email setting it's probably set to use windows live which I guess is a default due to passport maybe or having no other program such as outlook express set up. Good Luck^^