Thread: USB Audio Codec

USB Audio Codec

I bought a USB Turntable recently. The maker is Ion. With the turntable I got Audacity software. Now I am facing problem with audio conversion on my pc. I a having a Compaq Destkop with me. The model of the same is S5000CL and it came with Windows XP. now when I try to convert the audio I am getting a error. The error says cannot find the driver for USB audio. I tried updating the sound drivers but that did not helped much.

RE: USB Audio Codec

Looks like your system is missing some essential codec update due to which the conversion fails. Try to run Windows Update a number of time and then test back. I am sure that will be more than enough. Go on web and look for WM Codec Pack. Download and install the same in your pc and then try back. If the codec pack is properly updated you will not face the error back again.

There is a bit issue with ION USB Turntable. It works really well with the wav files on my pc. But there is some problem with audio. When the audio is created it is much more bigger compared what I got by manual conversion. I thought there will be some kind of settings that would allow me to restrict the file size but nothing worked here.

Re: USB Audio Codec

I have the same problem - according to the TT vender, it is an OS problem.

No solution was posted to this (old) thread, how do I get the USB Audio Codec to be available? I have upgraded all drivers and the OS already. The TT and audacity work on someone else's laptop. What file(s) do I need to upgrade to get this capability?