Thread: Unable to Start Server Service - svchost.exe

Unable to Start Server Service - svchost.exe

I need some help with svchost.exe. I am here not able to share any of my folders on the local network. It is not working at all. When I apply the sharing settings I am getting a error that the server service is not started. I cannot understand how this error appeared. I checked inside services and still not able to find anything. I had configured everything on automatic and printer and file sharing is also enabled. What can be cause behind the error.

Go in event viewer and check out the logs. See what you can find there. You can locate the detail error description which help you more in fixing the problem you are facing. The issue might be with the file and printer sharing stuff which is not working well. It is necessary that you must allow your security services to provide access to the file sharing. Just post the complete error log here.

Re: Unable to Start Server Service - svchost.exe

You can get more information on that error in Event Viewer. You will need to check that. Go in that and click on the latest error you are facing. And then through that it will be easier for you to fix the issue. It looks something in your system is preventing the service to start. It can be the security software. It is better you must disable that for sometime and test it out. It would be enough to fix the problem. Or else the best thing you can do is simply run system restore. This is another easy way to resolve the problem. System restore does not touch your data.

Re: Unable to Start Server Service - svchost.exe

This can be a virus issue also. You will need to use different antivirus to test out the same. I got the problem while installing a free game. I am not able to do anything in the system. At that time I was using a free antivirus AVG. Whenever I start the scan the system crash with blue screen. Then I downloaded Malwarebytes in my system. This thing detected more than 100 threats. It keeps on finding out new things. To fix windows I made a bootable antivirus scanner and scanned through it. It cleared up many infections. In your case also I think there is a virus problem.