Thread: LMGRD encountered a problem and needs to close

LMGRD encountered a problem and needs to close

I am getting a error message on my screen related to LMGRD. I am using Windows XP here. Recently I had installed a few set of applications and games in my system. Things looks well here but somehow it is not giving the right output. I am stuck with the error and not able to move ahead. Is this a virus problem. My antivirus has not detected anything yet.

re: LMGRD encountered a problem and needs to close

Click on Start and then click on Run. In the box type dcomcnfg and hit enter. Now in Services just look for NILM License Manager. Search for the same and right click on it. Click on properties and in that from Automatic configure the settings to Manual. Then click on Stop and OK and restart your system. The problem will be solved. It is not a virus issue, it is due to LMGRD.exe application which fails to start properly.

Re: LMGRD encountered a problem and needs to close

If you have ArcGIS installed in your computer then I would recommend you to uninstall it immediately and check if the problem gets solved. To uninstall this software click on Start and then click on Settings and go to Control Panel. Find Add and Remove programs and then search for ArcGIS in the given list and then uninstall it from there and restart your pc.

Re: LMGRD encountered a problem and needs to close

The full form of LMGRD is License Manager Daemon and if you are running this software then you can try to disable it from the Startup. Just try to perform a clean boot and see if that works. To do a clean boot type msconfig in Run and then a window will pop up. Click on Startup services and then untick everything from there and restart your pc. After Windows boot check if you are getting the same problem or not.