Thread: How do I make my computer run faster

How do I make my computer run faster

I had just purchased a new. It is a branded HP system. The model is HP Pavilion.
    It came with Windows XP installed on the same. Now there is a weird problem in using my pc. It is getting extremely slow. There are lots of new things installed on the pc which is not required. I am looking for some better alternative that can help me to make my pc faster. It has norton installed on the same. I am having 2GB ram and still after that it takes a bit long time to open a application. Can you help me in dealing with the issue.

Re: How do I make my computer run faster

Go in Control Panel and then click on Add/Remove program. In that simply remove all unwanted programs. In many branded system you can find a set of applications which are never used due to which your system perform a bit slower. It is necessary that you remove which is not needed. The second thing you can do is just your startup process. Go in msconfig and disable all startup things and then test back. I am sure that will be enough to boost your system output.

The system can be slow due to various reason. Just download and install a process monitor in your system. The process monitor will give you detail information on each and every service working in your pc. You can simply on that basis locate the application and get rid of the same. Norton is also a resource intensive antivirus. If it is a trail then you can switch to avg or avira for more better output.