Thread: Virtual Memory Low

Virtual Memory Low

I am getting a constant virtual memory low error on my screen. I was running a backup software when the error appear. I thought the issue was with the tool so I restarted my pc. But now again when I run some application I am getting exactly the same problem. I need some help with the same. I am not sure about this virtual memory stuff. Can anyone here guide me how to fix this problem. Is there any software available that can fix this.

Re: Virtual Memory Low

You can get rid of that error. There are some small settings that you will need to apply and the error will be gone. For that Just right click on My computer and then click on Proprieties. then simply click on the Advance Tab on the top right and choose Performance. Now go to the settings pane and then click on Performance option once again. In that you will find a Advance Tab. Click on Virtual Memory and then simply choose change.Now in that you have to customize the size of virtual memory. Se the max to 1152 and save it. Restart your pc.

Virtual memory is the page file. It is a temporary memory that is used by your system to enhance the performance. You can try one thing here. Just add more RAM sticks in your pc. The issue will be resolved. If you increase the page file the hard drive will perform slower. You can leave the default settings as it is. Just add some more physical memory. The issue will be solved.