Thread: Date and Time Update Problems

Date and Time Update Problems

I am having a Windows XP PC. It is running on Home Edition SP2. I had just updated everything and there is no problem with the same. It is completely patched. Now I found that my system time is not working fine. It is slower compared to other pc. I am using time.windows.com for syncing my time server here but the same fails to work. I am having some list of application which completely relies on the time server and now it is not working. Can anyone here guide me for the same.

Re: Date and Time Update Problems

It is a common issue. Just run windows update and check back. There is a patch available. You can get the same through automatic updates or you can simply download the patch directly from internet and install it. It works really well and there is no issue with the setup. You can just apply the patch and it will remove your time server issues. Just run the updates and check back. I am sure that will be enough to fix the problem you are facing.

Try a different time server and test back. I am sure that will be more than enough for you to deal with the problem you are facing. The sync issue mostly lies with the time server thing. I am giving you a link that has ample of information available on the time server settings. Just try the troubleshooting options provided below and check back. I am sure it will help you in dealing with the problem you are facing.

How to synchronize the time with the Windows Time service in Windows XP