Thread: Time executable fails to run and error reporting comes up every boot

Time executable fails to run and error reporting comes up every boot

I am constantly getting an error message every time when I start my pc. The error is time executable fails to run. What does the error means. Each time a report is issued to Microsoft. I cannot find any updates here. I thought once the error report is sent I will receive some fix for the same. I am having Windows XP SP2 here. Can anyone tell why the error is appearing on my screen. I need some help here. Thanks.

Re: Time executable fails to run and error reporting comes up every bo

Do you means that you are getting error due to some run-time executable failure. I think it is better if you can post the exact error message here. That would be more easy to understand why you are facing the issue. You can also do one thing here. You can just go through event logs and see what is mentioned in the same. You can click the date column and then sort it and find the most recent errors. For that click on Start > Settings > Control Panel > Administrator Tools > Event Viewer.

Re: Time executable fails to run and error reporting comes up ever

I also get the same issue. I searched from the beginning and found the issue was caused by Lexmark 3300 printer drivers. I can see a dll file associated with the same in the error report. So to fix the same I simply uninstalled the printer driver. And then ran some cleaning software to ensure that nothing is left. Then again I downloaded the new drivers and installed them on my pc. It worked. There is no issue. So in your case also I will recommend you to do the same. Just update the drivers and then test back. The issue will be resolved.

The issue appear if some executable files is not able to run properly on boot. You have to check the same in msconfig and ensure that it is disabled. Ample of time a number of executable files on start cause the issue. So just disable all the startup applications and then check back. I am sure that will be more than enough to fix the problem. Finding a detail description in the event viewer is also a another way of fixing the problem. A temporary solution here is to run system restore.

My pc ran into a similar issue. I was here trying to add a new hard drive which I purchased recently. Now there is a free software I have that shows me the dis disk error. I can see the drive is not good. But still it looks to be working. So I got it replaced and the problem is solved. Ample of time antivirus are also the most common issue. So just disable that, and remove some recently installed applications. I think the error will be fixed.