Thread: Windows Product Activation error

Windows Product Activation error

I need some help with Windows XP. I am having the Home Edition of Windows XP. It came with my Dell system. It is almost 3 years I am using the same and it is working fine. There is no problem with the operating system. There were some recent updates after which the system went unstable. It is not working fine. When I try to login I am getting a error that checking license of computer. And the a error cod appear which is 0x80090006. It just started appearing automatically. I am keep on getting this error. What should I do know.

Re: Windows Product Activation error

Try to boot in safe mode first. And then remove all recent updates which were installed in your system. Just remove them and restart. You can try activating windows back again by using your old activation key if you have. System restore can also help you here. Or else there is another simple way. Simply re-registering two dll files will do the job. In Run box type regsvr32 regwizc.dll and press enter. Again in the same type regsvr32 licdll.dll and press enter. Restart your pc and check back.

System restore can only help you. That is the only way to deal with the issue and if that does not work the next option remains is to run a repair setup of windows. You can search in your system process to run repair setup. Ample of branded system comes with a hidden recovery partition that will help you to replace the damaged system dll files.