Thread: Updating time via time.nist.gov

Updating time via time.nist.gov

I have installed Windows XP with all the updates and when I go to update my Date and Time, then I am getting an error message that says 'error occurred while windows was synchronizing with time.nist.gov.' It is all that it says. I have disabled the firewall on my computer but still get the same issue. Please help me. Thanks.

Re: Updating time via time.nist.gov

Have you tried changing the time server to time.windows.com in the Internet Time tab drop-down menu. Even I used to have same problem with time.nist.gov but now it is working fine.

Even I was facing such issues but when I went into my router and then setup port forwarding for UDP 123 so that I can get it to connect to the time servers and then it started working, can you do the same and see if that works for you.

Even I am not able to sync this year and I dont know how to add a different "time server". Can anyone tell me how to do this? I dont know much about computers so a noob friendly guide would be appreciated for me. Thanks.

All you have to do is just double click the clock in your system tray. After that click the internet time tab and then type in a different time server and then click apply. That is all there is to adding a time server.