Thread: Sonic MyDVD Plus driver problem

Sonic MyDVD Plus driver problem

I am here trying to remove Windows Messenger. I just accidentally removed Sonic DVD and CD Burning Tool. I am having the setup with me. I tried to re-install the same. I am getting a weird error on the screen. The error is AuthorScript.dll is missing. It is asking me some XP CD. How can I move ahead with the setup. I am not able to locate the dll file. I tried many things to fix the issue but nothing looks proper.

problem

hi,
    i have had exactly the same problem. i uninstalled msn messenger and it uninstalled part of my Sonic dvd/ cd burner.

does your dvd burner work?
    i've got the dvd burner to work by finding the file its located in and just using the start icon there (the shortcut on the start menu doesnt work though.)

Go into my computer, programme files. sonic. my dvd, and theres a button called my dvd. that will make your dvd/video burner work. but not the cd burner. (but at least its not a total loss.)

if i do somehow get the cd burner to work i shall of cause let you know.

Re: Sonic MyDVD Plus driver problem

I'm getting that message about needing the author script .dll to reinstall Sonic DVD and CD Burn. I need to copy pictures to a CD- anyone know what to do??

copy this codes to a notepad and save it as fixcd.reg Save as type all files.Encoding must be ANSI you should merge this files in to registry
    REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}]
    "UpperFilters"=-
    "LowerFilters"=-

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cdr4_2K]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cdralw2k]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cdudf]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\UdfReadr]

thanks- I'll try this

Kris

Quote Originally Posted by misskris View Post
    thanks- I'll try this

Kris
    You wrote this in 11-09. I'm having the same issues and was wondering if what was suggested worked. Also how did you do it ?

I have copy and saved the codes as suggested ... however I have no idea how to merge into registry
    REGEDIT4-

3 Simple steps for you to work on that

1) Go to the registry in the target machine and then find the registry editor.

2) now go and find the action menu and then click import.

3) find the Import Registry File dialog box, in that select the file that you have saved as 'fixcd.reg'. Then select open.

I actually figured out how to merge 'fixcd.reg' into Registry Editor...I just had to find where my Registry Editor was. So now can I reinstall Sonic ? If so how?....please see attachments
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails registry-editor-10-20-11-so-far-jpg   sonic-how-do-i-reinstall-10-20-11-1-jpg   mediactr-sonic-files-10-20-11-jpg  

Yes, you can now try to install Sonic MyDVD Plus on your computer after fixing the registry that you have described. Alternately you can also get the AVS DVD software which works just as well. Hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by johnson22 View Post
    Yes, you can now try to install Sonic MyDVD Plus on your computer after fixing the registry that you have described. Alternately you can also get the AVS DVD software which works just as well. Hope that helps
    I tried to reinstall from the HP application recovery and it still doesn't work! I will try the AVS DVD software. Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hp-application-recovery-still-doesnt-work-10-22-11-jpg  

I've attached all the Sonic stuff that I find in my computer. How do I reinstall it? This was a bundled in my PC and removed it (as recommended) and now I want to install it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sonic-stuff-cant-reinstall-jpg  

I uninstalled some programs I wasn't using to do some general house cleaning on my PC that runs on XP. I now find that I cannot burn CDs. I also get a message on startup that prompts me to locate the folder containing the installation package "MyDVD.msi".

My CD R/W player still rips and plays, it just does not burn.

Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by realtyexpert View Post
    I uninstalled some programs I wasn't using to do some general house cleaning on my PC that runs on XP. I now find that I cannot burn CDs. I also get a message on startup that prompts me to locate the folder containing the installation package "MyDVD.msi".

My CD R/W player still rips and plays, it just does not burn.

Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Thank you.
    You can fix this problem by removing the My DVD Plus application from your computer and then reinstall it by clicking on Start and then PC Help and then Tools > HP Application Recovery > Choose Application Install. After that the missing error problem will be solved for you.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600