Thread: Disabled CD-Rom, DVD and Floppy "Administrator has restricted

Disabled CD-Rom, DVD and Floppy "Administrator has restricted

I started my pc and I am getting a message when I login to my account. After login the error message that I got on my screen is that the administrator has restricted access to the CD and DVD drives. I do not remember when I did this. I was testing some application recently. All of them were associated with disc burner. Now when I try to access the same I am getting a weird error on the scree. The optical drive is just not able to read anything here. Can anyone help me how to fix this.

I think the hardware is disabled through device manager because of which you are facing the issue. You can simply turn it on. Just right click on My Computer and then click on Properties. In that go Device Manager and right click on the DVD drive. Enable the same and then test back. That will be more appropriate to fix the issue. You can also try to update the chipset drivers which is another common cause of issue. I will recommend you to test the drivers once again and then try back. If still you get the error just remove the optical drive and install it back.

To enable or re-install the same then you will need to login the admin account firs.t If you are in a limited account then you will face the issue. The issue mostly lies with the driver only. If anyone had disabled the same then you just need to go in device manager and right click on the optical driver. Just click on enable. That's all. The issue will be resolved. It is essential that you must go for a proper driver updates only and test the same back.

Re: Disabled CD-Rom, DVD and Floppy "Administrator has restricted

I found the issue lies with Intel Desktop Utilities. You will need to remove. There are some glitches which commonly cause the error. It is right that if you run a proper driver update the issue can be resolved. Just search for new drivers on the basis of your motherboard model. This would be more appropriate in fixing the issue. Go in Device Manager and right click on the optical driver. Click on uninstall and reboot your pc. Upon reboot windows will automatically install the driver and that's all the issue will be resolved.