Thread: Internet Explorer Web page Error

Internet Explorer Web page Error

Hi i am using Windows XP with Internet Explorer 7 as my default web browser since long time i had never had such problem earlier since past 2 years on this system. Now from last 4 days, there are several websites which when i try to launch in IE, it gives me an error message saying:

"Problems with this web page might prevent it from being displayed properly or function properly.
    Line:1 Char:1
    Error:Object expected
    Code:0."

Let me tell you that these are all my favorite websites which i am visiting since years and there is no possibility that all site may have the same problem all together and all of a sudden, right? So the problem is surely somewhere in my XP or IE.

ANy idea what might be wrong and how can i get rid of the same? Many thanks.

RE: Internet Explorer Web page Error

Probably the problem seems to be with Java on your system. You should check again and make sure that javascript and the like is enabled. Also try resetting the Internet Explorer, try running without Add-ons and see if it makes any difference. If yes, then there is one or more add-on creating problem on your computer.

According to the error message, i dont think the problem is with your system but infact it is with the website designer who has done the programming or coding part. But to make it much sure first of all we should try fixing up from our side, isn't it. Open Internet Explorer and clear your caches, Internet files and delete cookies, as sometimes the IE rendering to the programming code can get screwed a little bit and IE get Hay wire and issue this error for that lone of code. Hope it helps.

I appreciate your help buddy but let me tell you that i am not a computer savvy hence dont know how do i deal with all those stuffs you said. I mean i dont know how can i check if the java script is enabled or disabled on my system. Can you please let me know the process for doing the same? Thanks again.

TO me also it appears the problem is with website's HTML code written by the programmer and in such cases few websites will parse this code and display the page correctly. However disregard the error on that line for example FireFox because it has it's own Java console so it will handle the script better than Internet Explorer.

Did you tried opening the same website on another browser, actually with Firefox? If not, then do it.

Re: Internet Explorer Web page Error

Thank you very much for the help DesTiny. So today i understood why exactly people switching other browsers instead of Internet explorer. As per your suggestions i downloaded Firefox and tried opening the same website, guess what the sites open fine without any problem.

Thank you.