Thread: quicktime uninstall

quicktime uninstall

Since I installed Quicktime on my Windows XP PC, I noticed some problem in system performance. It became bit slow, shutdown takes longer time and so. Hence I thought to remove the same as I rarely require it. But the problem is when I try to uninstall the same from control panel I get an error message saying:

“The following file does not exist or is not a valid uninstallation log file.
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\Quicktime\Uninstall.log”

The same error appears when I click on both Uninstall or Change. Restarting the PC doesn’t helps. Can anyone please tell me if there is any another way of uninstalling Quicktime player from XP?

Thank you.

Re: quicktime uninstall

Hello Hayes, did you tried uninstalling the same from Safe Mode? If not, give it a try. Restart the system, keep pressing F8 and select Safe Mode option from the boot menu screen. If that doesn't helps then simply try reinstalling Quicktime and then immediately uninstalling. It works many times.

RE: quicktime uninstall

Hey guys, even i need similar help. I have QuickTime installed on my system and dont want to uninstall the same. But now when i'm trying to install iTunes, the installer crashes automatically. This is happening only with Itunes and not with any other installation. Any help would be appreciated.