Thread: How to completely disable laptop touchpad

How to completely disable laptop touchpad

I am having a old notebook. I want to use a USB mouse on the same. A number of time when try to work with on keyboard, the mouse cursor moves. That is because my palm touches the touchpad. It is really very annoying. It thought once I connect the mouse, the touchpad will be disabled automatically. But the scene is different here. I need some help here to disable the touchpad manually and enable it back again when needed.

Re: Disabling touchpad

You can do that through Synaptics software. There are options available in the same. There are some software available on the web that helps you to disable the touchpad when needed. You can try that also. It is easy way of turning it off without causing issue with driver or hardware stuff. Go in system tray and see whether you can find a icon related to that. Look for Synaptics software and then check back.

Re: Disabling touchpad

You can do that through device manager. Go in device manager and right click on the touchpage. Choose Disable. It will be listed as synaptic touchpad something. You can then re-enable the same back again when needed. I do the same on my laptop and it is convenient also. Even if you restart your system the touchpad will remain disabled. You can create a shortcut on your desktop and use it as and when required.

There are some software available for that. You do not need to disable it through device manager. There is one more way of doing the same. Check your keyboard. Is there any key available to enable and disable touchpad. by default it is provided on many laptops. You just have to hold the FN key and then press the touchpad key to turn it off. If that is not available then there is one more way of doing the same. You can download software like Touchpad Blocker or DeSofto. This tools can turn off the touchpad.