Thread: Screen Inverted

Screen Inverted

I had gone through a screen problem a couple months ago and I was able to fix that. But now it happened again and here I am not able to find the solution for the same. The issue is that my computer screen is inverted. I am not able to type on the same. I tired ample of things but it does not work. I am trying to type from the right side but it does not work. How can I simply bring the same back to normal. I had checked inside control panel also but still it is not working.

Wesley Vogel Guest

Re: Screen Inverted

I am having a Nvidia GPU card on my pc. And I am going to provide my settings that will work. I had also gone through the same issue of inverted screen. For that just Right click the Desktop. And in that click on Properties. Click on the Settings tab and click on Advanced button. Look for the Video Card tab and in that click on NVRotate. Just choose Landscape from there which is 0 degree rotation and click on apply. That's all. The screen is restored back to normal.

I am having one solution that I had used long before when I was also stuck with the same issue. It was with the rotating screen issue and I tried to switch back the same to normal. For that you have to press the ctrl key with arrow keys. The screen rotates as per your move the arrow keys. You can try re-installing the video drivers also. I am sure that would be much more helpful in fixing the problem you are facing.

I am not sure whether this will work or not but it will help you to resolve the issue you are facing. I accidentally did the same and it worked. For that I press Ctrl + Alt + UpArrow key. This simply rotates the screen respective to the arrow keys you are having. Also it is quiet easy to use. Just try the same and then test back. You can use a set of different key combination and then try back. This would fix the problem.

I have tried the Crl + Alt +up/down arrows and there was no reaction. I have found that the only simple solution is to switch off and after a minute or so , swich on again. It seems to work ok after 3 to 5 on/off sequences and then its ok for weeks. It is a nuisance though when you're in a hurry to use the computer!! A proper solution would be most welcome. I cannot find info detailing type of video card but laptop is Dell Inspiron 5160. I found the following recently, try it and see what happens! On Start Menu select control Panel. On panel Menu select Display. then select Settings tab. Then select Advanced button. Now you should be on Page "(Multiple Monitors) and XGI Volari - XP5 v.2.097.DELL. Click Rotation tab, click on button to indicate position where you like top to be. Click OK to effect change. It is difficult to describe how to indicate the desired position so experiment! What I found seems to be a standard piece of Microsoft programmer so it seems surprising it is not more accessible. I could not find it by a "Search".

Re: Screen Inverted

1.right click on dektop
    2.click on settings tab
    3.click on advanced
    4.click on intel extreme graphics tab
    5.click on graphic properties
    6.click on rotation tab
    7.set rotation view normal instead of 180 degree.
    hope it helps.