Thread: Please help me clear RUNDLL Error message

Please help me clear RUNDLL Error message

I use to scan my system weekly with ewido anti spyware. Yesterday when I ran the same it found a file infected and deleted the same. It was “ixfivgg.dll”. Well, nothing interrupted me in my work yesterday but today morning when I booted up the system it gave me an error saying something like

“RUNDLL Error loading C:\WINDOWS\system32\ixfivgg.dll The specified module could not be found.”

It is just a message because when I click on OK, there is no change in the behavior of my system. But I wanted to know if it was so important for the system why the spyware got it as virus and deleted ? Also can anyone make me know how can i stop this error message on every boot up ?

Re: Please help me clear RUNDLL Error message

FYI, the file ixfivgg.dll is surely not a virus, but it is a Trojan and hence your spyware deleted. But deleting it wasn’t so necessary because it won’t harm your system. Anyway now to stop the error message you need to go to msconfig window (Start > Run > msconfig.exe), click on Startup tab. Here search for the entry that requires ixfivgg.dll file to load and disable the same. Once done reboot your PC, hopefully you wont be getting the error anymore.

Though our Antivirus or Spyware deletes any infected files or services from the system, but they are unable to delete it completely from the system, especially from registry. Hence you keep getting notifications about the same. In such scenario you need to delete their registry keys as well to get rid of them completely. Here to stop the error at boot up

Go to Start, click on RUN, type regedit, and press Enter.
    Now press Home key and F3 one by one, now type ixfivgg.dll in search box and Enter.
    Once you get all files related to the same, delete all.

Now again go to RUN, type msconfig and press Enter.
    Go to Startup Tab and remove the filename using the same.

That’s it, reboot the system.

hi guys plz help me i am getting a message "error loading msiekd32.dll the specific module could not be found when i start pc on desktop screen it appears as early as possible help me fast waiting for ur help Mohith

Quote Originally Posted by mohithyadav View Post
    hi guys plz help me i am getting a message "error loading msiekd32.dll the specific module could not be found when i start pc on desktop screen it appears as early as possible help me fast waiting for ur help Mohith
    It seems to me that either a legitimate program has been incorrectly uninstalled or moved by you and Windows is still looking to start it from where it was,or a spyware program has been partially removed by your anti-virus and there is still a startup entry pointing to it. Try looking in your Scheduled Tasks folder and delete any entry there. If that doesnt work then run an antivirus scan to eradicate all the nasties from your computer.