Thread: Using RegEdit to change desktop background

Using RegEdit to change desktop background

I want some help here to change the desktop background. I want to do the same using windows registry editor. I had tried using a key here HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop. But when I modify the values the desktop settings are not applied at all. There is nothing available on the screen. The background just lies the same as it is before. I want to lock it so that no one can modify the same. I had tried ample of settings here and nothing worked. I hope there will be some option available which can help.

Re: Using RegEdit to change desktop background

I can give you two ways to modify the same. The first you can just type the following - RUNDLL32.EXE user32.dll,UpdatePerUserSystemParameters, in Start > Run box and hit enter. This will refresh the desktop wallpaper that you are using rightnow. The second you can do is simply configure SystemParametersInfo here to manage the desktop settings. I am simply sure that this will be more than enough to fix the problem you are facing.

Why don't you try the regular method. By modifying the same via desktop Cutomization program. I am sure that is simply more than enough to automatically modify the theme settings here. There is nothing you can do. That is one of the most simplest way to fix the problem you are facing. It is possible here to permanently disable the themes so that no one can make any changes to the systems. But locking the wallpaper is a bit complicated settings I think.

I think that can be done through registry editor but somehow the settings will not work properly here. It is recommended that you must simply try to set the value as zero which will lock the desktop and no one will be able to set any wallpaper. Ample of time poor settings are the common issue of problem you are facing. While there are some third party programs also available on the web which can help you to fix the problem.