Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: XP Dual Core USB MIDI driver problem

XP Dual Core USB MIDI driver problem

I make a Usb Midi class device that works on many different computers that are running on Windows XP and Macs running OSX, but it will not work on some users machines that are all Intel dual cores. I noticed only one discussion on the web with the same problem with Usb Midi class devices but there was no solution for this problem. Can anyone tell me how to get this to work with Intel dual cores? Thanks

Re: XP Dual Core USB MIDI driver problem

I'm also having this problem and have been searching for a solution for a while. Have you had any luck?

My laptop is an Acer Aspire 5670 Core Duo and my controller is an Alesis Photon X25.

I have this exact same problem!!!!! So glad I found this post, hope someone can really find an answer.

I have a Toshiba Laptop with Windows Media edition installed on it. It's
    the Satellite A105-S4134. I am a music teacher and I am trying to use a MIDI keyboard with my laptop but I can't seem to get it to function with my music composition software (Sybellius).

Here's what I did: I inserted my USB cable into my keyboard which has a USB port on it and then inserted it into my laptop. I then powered on the
    keyboard and Windows did it's typical "new device detected" deal. It then
    automatically installs the driver and calls it a "USB Audio Device." I'm not
    sure if that's right because it is a MIDI device... Anyway, after that the
    software program I use tells me that it does not detect any MIDI devices.
    I've looked over the softwares manuals, tutorial vidoes, everything, it is
    NOT the software program.

Here's what I'm thinking:
    a.) My sound card doesn't support MIDI input (I called Toshiba about this
    and they just did the typical, "lets see if your sound card is working..."
    >< I don't know how to tell if it does or not.
    b.) Windows MCE is no good for this and I need XP (easy fix because my workplace offers this to me for free, yay for me!)
    c.) The wrong driver is installed. If this is the case, I have no idea how
    to change this and would appreciate some explanation on how to install and
    find the appropriate MIDI driver. I already did the "update driver" option and windows said this is the latest Driver.
    d.) I guess it could be the processor but I really wasn't think that was the conflict.

I had the exact same problem with the same Toshiba computer ! I updated the Realtek 97 AC '97 soundcard from the Realtek website and after that Windows recognised the Midi devices. Hope this helps.

Did you have any reaction from anybody? I'm verry interested in the result! i've exactly the same problem :S

Are you now able to use the MIDI device now?? Did you have to change the soundcard as suggested by one the member for it to work??

We are also facing the same problem as you did. It would be very nice to see a update on this issue.

Give this a try...Found it on another forum and just posting it around as I had big problems too.....

ant0nwax
    01-24-2007, 07:40 PM
    The Problem is really caused by Logitech Webcam
    i do not know if it works if i install it again, i wont !!!!
    FADERBOX IS GREAT !!!!!

I found a fix that worked for me and I hope it works for anyone else experiencing the same issue. I had to Manually delete the UpperFilters and LowerFilters registry values. (maybe only one exists at your place)

To Manually delete the UpperFilters and LowerFilters registry values, follow these steps:

1. Start Registry Editor (Regedit.exe).
    START > RUN > (Type) REGEDIT (and hit ENTER)

2. Locate the UpperFilters and LowerFilters value under the following key in the registry
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{4D36E96C-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

3. On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK.

Now you have to UNINSTALL THE USB AUDIO DEVICE, UNPLUG IT, AND REPLUG IT AGAIN

VOILA !!!! WORKING !!!!
    PS, somehow u have to Use the Emulated USB AUDIO DEVICE Drivers

Many many thanks...

I've been fighting with the same problem for months (since I bought my MIDI device). When I tested it it worked on my laptop, but failed on my desktop. Then I started checking the configuration on my desktop by removing devices and drivers. I've tried different solutions suggested in internet, included re-install XP. Then I could identify that my Logitech QuickCam is the trouble maker. I've played around with it. Whenever I removed the QuickCam driver my MIDI device is back. I also noticed Logitech inserted the file LVUSBSta under the USB Audio driver. But I just can't remove it.

With the below suggested solution, I deleted (only) LowerFilters and as you said VOILA! :-)

That's great, thanks again and agian...

Health warning with this solution

Many thanks; would never have figure it out either. my usb midi now functioning also.

I was apprehensive about modifying the registry directly. I know enough to find and modify registry. I don't know enough details about the registry to be sure I was doing the right thing. Indeed I accidently disabled my typing keyboard (as opposed to MIDI keyboard) by mistake by deleting the first LowerFilter I came to using the search facility.

Advice:

There may be many registry entries with the HEX name wotsit:
    4D36E96C-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE1031.

You need the one that refers to game controllers and sound. Do not delete lowerfilters anywhere else.

You only need to delete one lower filter. Leave the uppers alone; I didn't have to delete any of them to make it work.

To be safe:

i) Create a system restore checkpoint under start->programs->accessories->system Tools-> system restore

ii) If you screw up and delete the wrong lower filter so that your keyboard stops functioning or worse you can then do a system restore after wards (providing you don't delete the mouse lower filter). If you delete the mouse lower filter AND the keyboard lower filter then apparently you have to do a CMOS reset. Don't take my word for that.... use the net on someone elses computer to find the solution...

You've been warned!

Have fun

Dizzy...

Novation Midi Controller

Hi, I have more less the same problem, I have a Novation Remote25 Le and i use a computer with DualCore,2Gb Ram, 500Gb HD and using XP with services pack 2.

XP add witout problem my midi controller, but once I want to play or record ,for example in Reason 4 I can't listen nothing. Reason 4 add without problems my midi, but can't send signal or sometimes I can listen whatever I play but not the completes notes.

I was reading about delete LowerFilters in regedit, but I dont have cams in my computer.

Please I need the fix.

Problem solved

I had the same problem where my Logitech web-cam driver conflicts with the Midi Keyboard (Evolution MK-425C) and thanks to various posts have solved the issue. I am now able to use the Logitech web-cam at the same time as the midi keyboard.

Initially I only had the midi device installed and it worked fine. Then, I installed the Logitech driver and the midi device was no longer recognised by Reason (my music software).

To solve the problem, I did the following:

1. Go into the registry editor (go to Start Menu, Run and type regedit)

2. Go to this location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E96C-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} and delete the two items "LowerFilters" and "UpperFilters"

3. Go to this location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{6BDD1FC6-810F-11DO-BEC7-08002BE2092F} and delete the item "LowerFilters"

4. Go to this location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{6BDD1FC5-810F-11DO-BEC7-08002BE2092F} and delete the item "UpperFilters"

5. Move back to the root of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\

6. Launch a search (i.e Ctrl F with the option to search in "Data") and type "LVUSBSTA". For any place found (only in the "Control\Class" area), just delete the "LowerFilters" item (it is the item that contain the value LVUSBSTA found). For me, I didn't find any other places than the ones mentioned here.

7. Then uninstall the midi device driver, unplug it and plug it back in. Windows should recognise it and install it and it should work!

Thanks to all the people who posted in various forums. All I've done is summarise the bits and pieces that eventually worked for me.

Can anyone help fix this problem on MAC OS 10.4

I have Vestax VCI-100 Midi Controller and i just got M-audio fast track pro audio interface, When i connect the Audio interface the USP Midi Controller doesn't appear..

Can Anyone help me Work with Both at the same time!

operating system : Mac OS 10.4

so i've had the same issues, with my duo core XP sp2, but i don't have a logitech webcam or any cam. I tried doing the register edit trick but the sound and video card didn't have any "upperfilters" "lowerfilters" in the places discussed earlier. so i deleted some that were maybes and restarted and unistalled, re installed and it STILL didn't work .

does anyone have any suggestions know? basically everything is installing fine. but windows won't recognize it in my control panel as a midi device.

THANK YOU!!!!!! I have been fighting XP for months trying to get my Korg M1 talking to my computer again, and this worked BEAUTIFULLY! Sure beats a re-install of XP! Thank you again, you're my new hero!

To anyone using a MIDI to USB cable like the ones you find on eBay, use this method!

[QUOTE=TitoPulpo;2816826]Give this a try...Found it on another forum and just posting it around as I had big problems too.....

I found a fix that worked for me and I hope it works for anyone else experiencing the same issue. I had to Manually delete the UpperFilters and LowerFilters registry values. (maybe only one exists at your place)

To Manually delete the UpperFilters and LowerFilters registry values, follow these steps:

1. Start Registry Editor (Regedit.exe).
    START > RUN > (Type) REGEDIT (and hit ENTER)

2. Locate the UpperFilters and LowerFilters value under the following key in the registry
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{4D36E96C-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

3. On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK.

Now you have to UNINSTALL THE USB AUDIO DEVICE, UNPLUG IT, AND REPLUG IT AGAIN

VOILA !!!! WORKING !!!!

Hi all, is the problem definately the logitech webcam, I bought a midi to usb converter on ebay and can't use it with my electronic drums, I have a dell dual core windows xp media center edition PC and I DONT have a WEBCAM. Is the upper and lower registry thing your supposed to delete just the name of the string bcos I don't see either in my registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{4D36E96C-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

ALL I SEE IS

default reg sz sound video and game controllers
    class reg sz media
    enum prop pag reg sz Mmsys.cpl media proppageprovider
    icon reg sz 3004
    Installer 32 reg sz Mmsys.Cplmediaclassinstaller

Is there anything I can do or delete to fix this problem ??. I know nothin bout this I got to this page via google. Is windows xp media center a problem too ?. The device shows up under usb outputs in cubase and windows, sounds and audio devices under midi playback as usb [2]. I want it to show up as a midi input or at least an input. I'd really appreciate any advice.

The posts of TitoPulpo and impermanence33 worked for me. Thanks very much both of you guys!!

The steps of impermanence33 worked better, since now I have both my usb midi device and Logitech Cam working. Also the label "Sound, video and game controllers" remains attached.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast