Thread: help! How to convert bootable diskette image and bootable CD image to bootable flash/usb stick?

help! How to convert bootable diskette image and bootable CD image to bootable flash/usb stick?

I am looking to upgrade my computer and run some diagnostics of my memory. Both the bios upgrade and the memtest software needs to create bootable floppy diskette and bootable CD. They have provied an image file with extention .ima. But I dont have a floppy drive and dont have a CD burner. I have got a Sandisk audio player that is also 1gb usb drive. Also, I usually boot from non- hard drive to check system many times. So, can anyone tell me how to burn the floppy disk image and bootable CD image into my use drive stick. Thanks for any info.

Re: help! How to convert bootable diskette image and bootable CD image to bootable flash/usb stick?

I actually meant to say that the bootable CD image for the Bios upgrade is an Iso file and it includes a .ima file.

Re: help! How to convert bootable diskette image and bootable CD image to bootable flash/usb stick?

You can try to extract the Isoto a usable form with IsoBuster software or similar and then copy the extracted files to the flash drive. I also think that winrar would be able to extract iso files as well.

Thanks, I used winrar and after extracting it, I got a "ima" and few other files as I have said earlier. But copying the same files along with the ima file will make Usb drive bootable?

things are not clear, please provide a detailed account.