Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Error Code 81000314 while login in MSN

Here is the link which you were talking about. The link provides you a bit information on issue with softpub.dll. But that is actually related to Active X component and I am not able to understand the link between both. Basically when this file is affected you get a error related to digital signature of updates or program. And that is the reason a number of server denies access to it. Maximum time the update fix the issue. You just need to run Windows Update to find the right fix. There is a small fix available in this link. You can download that and run the fix.

You cannot install some updates or programs

really?

My MSN is freezing when I click on Login. My id and password is remembered. But when I click to login it freezes and there is no error at all. I have to end task the same through task manager. I am not getting any error. I am using Windows Vista here.

same 81000314 error - fixed somehow

Re-install MSN that will fix the issue. I got a error 81000314 on my system. After run diagnostic I got a error that no http connection was found. I checked the logs but could not locate the exact cause. Windows has installed some security updates recently. What I did is downloaded a fresh firmware of my Linksys router. My internet is working but it is slow. Second when I run the diagnostic there were no error. I had run repair setup again and it was fine. Later on after fiddling out with number of stuff I found that Symantec is restricting my access to internet. So to some extent the security applications are responsible for limiting your access to web. Now the other thing you can do is run the Diagnostic setup to find what is the actual issue. Click on Tools > Options > Connection > Advance Settings. Go to settings then click on Test under HTTP. You can see a test result.
    Last edited by cyberguild; 11-09-2008 at 07:24 PM.

error

It started working now. I had checked the Diagnostic there were no issues mentioned. It started working on its own. I stay at Singapore and many users from here are facing this issue. It looks there are some changes in the server or the service was down.

re: Error Code 81000314 while login in MSN

That was nice to find. But my issue still exist. I am using pidgin. I had configured Yahoo, Gmail and MSN on the same. At launch Yahoo and Gmaill are connected but there is a error with MSN. It did not worked at all. I had tried to find a number ways to change the settings but it did not worked. I am on a linux platform and hope to get right answer here. The other chat accounts are working well. This looks the service is still affected in my area.

FIX Error Code 81000314

There is a small fix that can help you here. Go ton C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\host. This is a small fix. Open it with notepad. Then add the following two lines in the end. 65.54.239.80 messenger.hotmail.com & 65.54.239.80 dp.msnmessenger.akadns.net. Save the file and re-launch msn back again. You might able to login now.

Re: FIX Error Code 81000314

I think we must wait back until there is a final response from Microsoft. The issue is not faced by a single person. There are many who are facing this issue. I am just keeping a close eye on Windows Update. I hope that can make my system work well after a few time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12