Thread: Blue screen after system restore attempt

Blue screen after system restore attempt

When I used System Restore then the attempt failed. I then tried to restore because the computer had become very slow. The restore was neat complete and was restarting the system when a blue screen appeared and said:

"If this is your first time, restart. If this happens again, check for adequate disk space. If a driver is ID'd in the stop message disable the driver or check w/mfr for driver updates. Try changing video adapters.

Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates. Diable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options and select Safe Mode.

Technical Info:
    STOP 0x0000008E (0xC000005, 0x005C0073, 0xEE20c7c4, 0x00000000)
    Beginning dump of physical memory. Physical memory dump complete. Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance."

Please help me.

Re: Blue screen after system restore attempt

The KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED bug check has a value of 0x0000008E. This bug check indicates that a kernel-mode application generated an exception that the error handler did not catch. Check the below link for some help:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...=vs.85%29.aspx

Re: Blue screen after system restore attempt

Thanks for the help. I am able to get to the safe mode screen, but the selection of any of the safe mode options (including going to "the last known good point") does not suceed in starting up XP, and another blue screen appears. But, when I startup and forget to try to enter safe mode, the following appears:

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. BAD_SYSTEM-CONFIG-INFO. If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart. If it appears again, (same as earlier message about drivers and hardware, etc.)

Technical Info:
    STOP 0x00000074 (0x00000003, 0x00000002, 0x8008800, 0xc000014c)

The error that you are getting can occur if one or more of the random access memory (RAM) modules that are installed in your computer is damaged or if the RAM configuration is incompatible. To solve this issue, follow the steps given here - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326679

The STOP error you noted points to bad RAM memory.
    See MS article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326679

If you do not know how to safely remove or swap out memory modules, leave that to a professional repair shop. Ask friends if they know & recommend a local shop. Just do not jump to a big national chain store. And before that, see if you can manage to download & run a basic program for checking the memory. Run a ram memory tester like MEMTEST86.
    Do NOT do or attempt fixing anything until memory is all checked out as 100% OK.