Thread: FINDING PRODUCT KEY IN REGISTRY

Finding Product Key In Registry

I had registered Windows long time ago. I lost the cd here. I am not having recovery nor I am having any record of the same like bill or other stuff. I want some help to locate my license key. I cannot find the product id. I am facing issue with slow system performance and I want to format the system. After installation I will need to use the key back again to activate my OS. Can anyone tell me how to find the license key in windows registry.

Re: FINDING PRODUCT KEY IN REGISTRY

There are some free key finder software. This tools scans your system to locate the license key instantly. There are many key finder programs that work really well. I do not think it is complicated to find the license key inside windows registry. I had never heard about the same. I had used a free key finder tool long time ago. I do remember the name, but still you can find that on web.

Re: FINDING PRODUCT KEY IN REGISTRY

You can find that inside registry. There is no need to download or install any third party program. The key is located in the registry in the form of ProductID. The location is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion. Launch windows registry and go the above location. In that look for Product ID. It is listed on the right pane.