Thread: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT bsod

PFN_LIST_CORRUPT bsod

I am facing a problem with bluescreen on windows xp. the blue screen shows PFN_LIST_CORRUPT corrupt error on the screen. I tried to run dumpchk.exe. It generates a log report that shows me issue with pfn_list_corrupt. I am stuck with the problem here and not able to find any solution for the same. I am tring to troubleshoot but nothing worked here. Does anyone knows that does PFN_LIST_CORRUPT error actually refers to. Is there any workout for the same that can help me out.

Re: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT bsod

Here is a link that can help you in dealing with the problem you are facing. Read the link below. It has ample of information on your problem. Most probably this kind of errors are generated due to hard disk issues. Just check the link and compare your error log and test back.

Bug Check 0x4E: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT

Restart your pc and then press F8 continuously on boot. From the safe mode menu select Safe Mode with Command Prompt. In the cmd screen, type chkdsk and hit enter. And see what you get at the end. If there are errors then there is a problem of bad sectors in your pc. You will need to install xp on separate partition or simply test back. If the problem still continuous then use a different hard drive in your pc.

Boot in safe mode and see what you get in Event Viewer. If your system still crash in the safe mode then there is a hardware issue. It is not a software problem. Go in Event Viewer and see what description you can find related to the error. Copy paste everything here. If it is not a hardware fault then another thing you can do remove some recent drivers and windows update from control panel. Try running system restore and then test back.

It can be a driver bug. There are chances that new driver update has caused the issue. It is better you run system restore first and if that does not work then you will need to simply remove recent installations from your pc. Try to disconnect any hardware from the pc and then test back. If nothing worked then you will need to simply re-install windows so better keep a data backup ready with you.