Thread: Can Not connect to the internet.

Can Not connect to the internet.

I am having a problem with internet connectivity. I am having a Windows XP system. I am not able to understand why the internet connection fails here. I was using McAfee Firewall here. Later on I removed it and installed Norton and Spybot. But still looks there is some connectivity issue. I am having a dsl modem which is configured by the internet guy. When he configured the modem it worked well. The problem started just after changing the antivirus.

Re: Can Not connect to the internet.

Disable the firewall and check back. If the antivirus is a issue then just turn it off for some seconds. I hope you are not using multiple firewall on your system. The problem can be due to that also. It is essential that you must check the type of security applications you are running in your system. Just disable the same and test them back. I am sure the problem will be resolved by turning off any one of theme.

RE: Can Not connect to the internet.

Check your modem settings. It looks the internet is not working well due to which you are facing issue. Go in your modem settings and check out the existing activities. I am sure it will be helpful for you to some extent. Launch cmd and type ping sitename or any ipadrees -t and hit enter. If there is a request time out issue then it simply means the internet connectivity is not at all stable.