Thread: wmm won't import MPG file

wmm won't import MPG file

Hey guys, somebody please help me out. I have few video clips taken from ‘studio 9’ in .mpg file format. When I try to import this video in Windows Movie Maker on Windows XP PC, it gives me the following error message:

“C:\Documents and Settings\randi cohen\My Documents\My Videos\Thinking Like A Supervisor\thinking like a supervior.mpg could not be imported. An interface has too many methods to fire events from”

Any idea what is meant by this? Is there any compatibility problem? I need to play this .mpg file in Powerpoint tomorrow but seems like it wont play mpg neither avi files. What should I do ?

Re: wmm won't import MPG file

Yes, XP Movie maker has several compatibility problems, and specially with mpg and mov file. Hence what you need to do is download any good video converter tool from web and convert these files into WMV format which is the most loved file format for WMM. The best i can suggest you is Total Video Converter. Google for the same.

Re: wmm won't import MPG file

I had the same problem so I just found a movie maker that takes mpeg2.Google mpeg video wizard and download it there is a 30 day trial so you can try it out. It's so easy to use its way better than WMM.