Thread: Windows xp fast shutdown

Windows xp fast shutdown

I want to speed up Windows XP shutdown. It takes really long time to turn off completely. And even more longer time when I shutdown it without closing any application. I am just stuck here with it. To fix the same I had removed tons of applications from my pc. But it does not looks to be working fine. Can anyone help me here to get a proper solution by which I can simply turn it off instantly.

RE: Windows xp fast shutdown

That is a common issue. The pc takes time to shutdown completely because there are ample of applications in the pc. You can try one thing. Here you can simply try system restore to get some old settings back. In the system restore calender choose the oldest date. Also remember that whatever application installed after that date will be also wiped out. So just go with system restore and then check back.

RE: Windows xp fast shutdown

How much ram does your system has. If it is around 512MB or lower then add more. The issue appear mostly due to low physical ram. I was also having the same kind of problem with my old xp system. So I had added a 512MB of additional ram on the same and things are working fine. The performance is improved. If your system is working extremely slow then the only option left is to format your pc and install windows xp back again from scratch.

Re: Windows xp fast shutdown

There is a tiny utility available on web for free download to boost the system shutdown. It is called as Winshut. You can download the same and install it in the system. Just by one click you can instantly shutdown the pc. There are some advance app killer application also. You can run that to kill all the background process. This will boost the performance to great extent. Just try the same and then check back.

You will need to reduce the amount of applications working in your pc. Just go in control panel and wipe out more application. It is right that your system needs some kind of advance task killer to fix the problem you are facing. That can boost the system performance. There are some nice tuneup utilities that can help you more in fixing the problem you are facing.