Thread: ocx files fail to register when installing an application

ocx files fail to register when installing an application

I need some help with my pc. I am trying to re-install everything here. I am install Windows XP with SP2. Now the installation is done. But when I try to install some application I am getting a error. The error is some related to cscmd32.ocx and cstext32.ocx. Th error is says file failed to self register. What should I do. When I try to load some software I am getting one more error. It is some Coponents cstext32.ocx or one of its dependencies not correctly registered. A file is missing or invalid. What should I do.

Re: ocx files fail to register when installing an application

Try to re-install. It looks some unstable files are causing the error. What is the software you are trying to install. It is recommended that you change the setup file and then test back. I am sure that will resolve the problem. All you need to do is get a new setup file of the application or software you are installing and install the same in your pc. But do this after again formatting your pc. Install everything from scratch.

It is a registry bug. You will need to check out the application installation properly. The setup fails to create a proper entry in the registry due to which the installation fails. The application that you are trying to install need those files due to which you are facing problem. It will be appropriate if you collect more proper and working setup file.