Thread: User profile corrupts every time on new login

User profile corrupts every time on new login

I am facing a bit issue with my system. I am having a Windows XP laptop. It was working well. I got some popup of virus on my pc. And it was some kind of antivirus scanner. I clicked on scan and it install something on my system. Now after that my system creates a new desktop each time when I login. The user profiles is not working. I had kept ample of things saved on my desktop which does not looks like working fine. Can anyone help me here if getting this thing fixed. I tried many options but nothing worked.

Re: User profile corrupts every time on new login

You can run system restore. That can fix the issue. But if the virus problem still remains constant it is recommended that you must install xp back again. Try to take your data backup. So that if in future the system stops working you do not need to worry about the data.

System restore is a temporary fix. You had installed a fake antivirus in your system. This are also called as rogue security applications. Once you install them they keep on adding new files in your pc causing more problem. It is recommended that you must first backup your data and then format your pc. If you can tell the name of that rogue antivirus then I can here help you to get rid of them. Even on Google you can find list of applications which are associated with it. You can on that basis locate the path and delete it. I think that will be more appropriate in fixing the problem. But that is not a 100% solution. Still you have to format your pc in future. This type of application does not goes so easily. They download more stuff and you will surely see some payment option on the screen. Never buy them. One thing you can do is run a complete system recovery. You own a laptop and every branded laptop has a recovery partition. You run that to restore your windows. This is one of the most easiest way to fix the issue and it is like some kind of formatting.

Boot your system in safe mode. You can download and install some good antivirus in your pc. Ample of popular antivirus on the web offers you a trail edition. You can just download and run the setup in your pc. Try to run a full system scan in safe mode which is more better I think.

There is a utility that can help you fixing the issue. It is called a Hijackthis. Download and install this in your pc. The application scan your pc and generate a log report. It tells you the path from where the file is running. Begin with removing application from control panel. Most of the rouge application has a uninstaller. But it does not completely wipe out the files. Their setup still lies in the system due to which your system performance is affected. There are chances of getting more malware in your pc. Scan your system with Hijackthis first. At the end you will get a text file with a full list of application. You can then on that basis try to clean the system. This will work really well. It is quiet necessary that you must at the end format your pc if nothing works out. Even if you wipe out the file the applications still put some entries in the registry of windows. It is also required to clean. There are no effective registry cleaner available on the web which can give you a complete set of options to make your system perform more better. Just try hijackthis and see what output you are getting.

I do not think that is going to help you much. You have to format your pc. I had also gone with the same thing and did number of stuff to make my system perform as it was before. But the virus keeps on spreading slowing down my entire pc.

There are different set of removal process for different rogue application. You cannot just uninstall it. Ample of infections enter your system and they spread instantly. I had accidentally installed Antivirus XP 2008 on my system. I got a popup on the screen about virus and at that time my system was newly setup. I thought due to lack of antivirus this popup appeared. So I installed it and it completely screwed my system. I tried many things to remove it . I used hijackthis also. But still the fake tool was active and my system was working extremely slow. The cpu usage was 100%. The same condition lies in safe mode also. I was able to backup my data at-least and then I formatted the system. Things went back to normal. This rogue antivirus was really complicated to remove. They install additional services in the system and keeps on adding new files. They damage windows registry due to which many new problem appear. It is necessary that you must take data backup first and then simply format your pc back again and then test back.

You can do one more thing here. You can simply try to run a bootable antivirus scanner. There are some iso files available on the web. You can download the same and burn it on a dvd then you can scan your pc with that. It will be more helpful in fixing the issue.