Thread: How to recover files of download folder

How to recover files of download folder

Hello, I'm new here and I have very little knowledge about computer stuff.

Recently, I accidentally moved a folder containing video files (C:\downloads) into C:\Drive.

After doing some research I'm now able to open that Drive folder. However, I can't open or move any files in that "download" folder anymore.

I manage to grab and drop the folder back into the original folder (C:\downloads\downloads) but none of the files can be opened.

So, is there any way to recover the files back to normal? I don't wanna waste 22gb of files just like that.Thank you

Re: How to recover files of download folder

First of all you will need to explain the same in more detail. What I can assume from your question that you have some 22gb of video files inside the Download folder which is not opening at all. Open the download folder and copy paste all files in some other place. What is the extension of those video files. Mention here. By the way VLC video player plays every kind of video format. You just need to do is right click > open with > vlc.

I'm using Haihaisoft Universal Player. When I'm trying to open another video files, by using touchpad on my laptop, I accidentally grab the original "download" folder into the "Drive" folder. Later, I moved back that "download" folder into the original "download folder".Now, all folder's font in the "download" folder turn to green.

When i open any of those video files, the media player opened but nothing happen. Most of the files are in .flv

There is no need to panic, even if you dragged the download folder content to some another location, you can easily copy and paste it back to its original folder if you want anytime. The main problem which you are facing is with those files, were those files playing properly before? Flv files are normally flash files, so download FLV Player for FREE by searching it from google and install it in your laptop, it will be able to play it without any issues.

Yes, it worked fine before. Just after it being dragged into that Drive folder it no longer work

Yes, it worked fine before. Just after it being dragged into that Drive folder it no longer work
    Yes it seems that something is wrong with file, have you tried playing those files in some other player like the ones that has been already mentioned above (FLV Player, vlc player), and just to check you can download same file that you might have downloaded before and running in to issues now, so just download any of them and see if you are getting the same response when you are moving it to some other folder rather than the download folder.

All the video files are working fine before. I've moved few to other folder and even converted into .mp4 and they are still playable,before. I believe that Drive folder is sort of sensitive since i can't even open it at first. I need to gain permission to open it.