Thread: How do I get the display to fit my widescreen laptop?

How do I get the display to fit my widescreen laptop?

I just reinstalled windows xp on my old laptop, and the screen doesn't fill the whole monitor. Do I just need to install the drivers? I plan to download them onto a flash drive with my other computer (since I can't get on the Internet without them) and then transfer them to the laptop. Will this work? Is there a better way? Will my computer connect without the drivers if I plug it in instead of trying to use the wireless network? Also, this is an older model of a Sony Vaio put into a newer model's case. Is there an easy may to figure out what model it is so I know what drivers to download? This copy of windows was installed on it before, but my friend who put the laptop together for me figured this all out for me and he isn't around anymore :/

Re: How do I get the display to fit my widescreen laptop?

Yes you can just download the driver onto a flash drive from some other computer having the internet connection and then install the same on your machine later, as you have mentioned that you are not aware of the driver you need I don’t think that there will be any issue.

Re: How do I get the display to fit my widescreen laptop?

How can I see which drivers I need? I remember there was a list somewhere that there were question marks next to the drivers I needed or something like that. Some detailed information would be very helpful, especially something about how to figure out the model number. The laptop says it is a vgn-fs640/w but it is actually an older model in a newer case. Does anyone know what the previous model would be?