Thread: reboot and select proper boot device error

reboot and select proper boot device error

i have a asrock G 31 M-S motherboard . a month back my system often went to safe mode by itself and finally after trying reinstallation of operating system for several times the problem occured and finally it failed to boot and repair with os cd and technical people told the hard disc got corrupted since it could not be formatted and i replaced my hard disc.
    after replacement presently when i on the system it restarts during the boot process itself and it reads " REBOOT or select a proper boot device or insert a boot media".
    when i go into BIOs settings and click IDE performance default then it boots and while im working if i restart it boots immediately but if i switch off and start after 10 or 20 minutes the same problem re appears.
    i followed various threads in tech arena i tried many ways but still it persists and i have copied the error message in event viewer and i have pasted here, please help me out with ur valuable suggestions

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: crypt32
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 8
    Date: 1/4/2012
    Time: 5:52:12 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer: HOME-4B1C3E611E
    Description:
    Failed auto update retrieval of third-party root list sequence number from: <http://www.download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3/static/trustedr/en/authrootseq.txt> with error: The server name or address could not be resolved

Re: reboot and select proper boot device error

You must check the hard drive cables as this seems that the cable is damaged. you can also try by replugging that properly. Other than this, you must ensure that the boot sequence is configured correctly within the BIOS.