Thread: Pinnacle Studio MovieBoard won't capture!

Pinnacle Studio MovieBoard won't capture!

Hello,
    Ok, this is scary.
    I am using WinXP Pro 32Bit SP2. I purchased the Studio Pinnacle MovieBoard PCI capture with Studio12 software. I'm only able to capture the sound and no video using composite RCA cables. From VIDEO OUT from Camcorder,to VIDEO-IN the PCI, and Audio from Cameras line-out to Sound card's LINE-IN. (Analog JVC 1997 Camcorder) I also tried the VCR Panasonic to capture from a VHS tape, but it did not work at all. I think I have to set the time and put it on Line1,or 2,or input,which I could not.

Some have mentioned that I would have to upgrade from SP2 to SP3 for the capture to work, even though the specs on the Pinnacles requirements state Service Pack 2, (SP3) or Windows Vista (SP1)
    So I was going to just upgrade to Windows7...BUT, I also have a Nvidia GeForce 8600GT PCI-E card, and do not want any more issues, like I'm hearing computer crashes and fried capacitors on the 8600Gt. I wonder what else I would have to update to use with Win7?

is the consensus that the majority of upgrades from Windows XP to Windows7 is a smooth transition, or am I better off buying a newer graphics card?:no:

MSI P-35 Platinum MoBo/3.3GB DDR memory/Intel Core2 Q6600 CPU/ Nvidia GeForce 8600GT with 512MB/500GB Internal WD HDD/500GB Ext, WD HDD/WinXP SP2-32 Bit/ DirectX v.9/NERO 9

I thought maybe the NERO9 had conflicts with the pinnacle.
    Last edited by rivrbyte; 27-03-2010 at 11:59 AM.

Re: Pinnacle Studio MovieBoard won't capture!

Well my view is that ami also the same thing happened to me, catch it worked fine the first day, use to spend a VHS tape with no problem the next day it crashed the system. Not if I have said before, but I have is pinnacle movie board plus. Mine is the ultimate MovieBoard and I came with the Studio 14 ultimate collection. I will bring other modules of RAM (4 2GB) to see if the problem is eliminated.