Thread: XP Defender Pro virus Application not found.

XP Defender Pro virus Application not found.

Hi.
    Recently? I had the XP Defender Pro virus (and I received very little help removing it..) after a few days I was able to 'kill' the virus. I really don't know how. I restarted the computer, and to my surprise, nothing was accessible. I try to play Hearts on the desktop? 'Choose the program you want to use to open this file'. Firefox? 'Choose the program you want to use to open this file'. So on and so forth. Aggravating? Yeah. So I look around, trying to find a solution. And nothing works. I mean, nothing. I try that Doug Knox site? Nada. (and yeah, I restart) And this reg-cure business? I've used it, but I don't really want to /pay/ I know that, apparently, there are a ton of errors. But I have to buy it to fix them? Really? I've also tried SpyWare Doctor and SpyHunter. But I really, really don't want to buy them. >

Re: XP Defender Pro virus Application not found.

Xp Defender Pro is a spyware application, this is a fake antivirus and once it is installed you must check properly. Boot in safe mode and then scan back again. You can use Rkill to get report on what services are running in your system. The job can be done by combofix also. Download and install Malwarebytes's Anti-Malware. Run the same and scan in safe mode.