Thread: XP problems when installing AVG 9

XP problems when installing AVG 9

My cousin just called me about a problem in his pc related to AVG 8. He is having a Windows XP PC. When he is trying to install the same there is a error that file name S3GSetup is not compatible. The setup then crashes. It is a dell laptop actually. I am having the same with me which I am trying to troubleshoot but it does not looks to be working well. I tried ample of way to restart the pc and reconfigure the settings back but nothing worked. I am stuck with process of installing the same. Does anyone knows why does this issue occur.

Re: XP problems when installing AVG 9

Hi I have 2 laptops with XP SP2 and when I inatalled the AVG 9 after getting constant messages,1st they became very slow and also the blue screen of death kept appearing/shutting down/restarting/error report etc.
    I have since removed AVG and I am waiting for AVG to respond since they wanted feed back from me!

It is one of the most common issue with various antivirus. There can be some kind of incompatible drivers which is causing the failure. It is essential that you must simply check your system. Check whether there is some third party tool installed in your pc like a firewall or or some third party antivirus. Or any expired antivirus. Remove it and then try to AVG back again. I am sure that will be quiet enough for this issue.

I'm having problems also with installing AVG 9 my error that i'm getting is " error with licence" what does this mean...
    can someone please help