Thread: GoogleUpdate.exe Aplication error makes my computer freeze at the welcome screen and then it keeps restarting on its own.

GoogleUpdate.exe Aplication error makes my computer freeze at the welcome screen and then it keeps restarting on its own.

Hello, I really need some help. Everytime I turn on my computer it keeps restarting on its own whenever it gets to the blue welcome screen. Then after doing it a couple of times it freezes on the blue screen. It doesn't even let me login to my account! It started freezing while I was using google chrome. Also an error would pop up saying:

GoogleUpdate.exe-Application error
    The exception breakpoint
    A breakpoint has been reached
    (0x80000003)occured in the application
    At location 0x00406eef
    Click ok to cancel the program
    Click cancel to debug the program
    But it doesn't even let me click on the error cus it restarts again!

I deleted google chrome when it let me login on my account but it didn't work.

Can someone tell me how to solve this problem? Do I need profesional help since it doesn't let me login. It only gets to the blue welcome screen and then it either shows the error and restarts again or just freezes.

Please help me! I have a lot of things saved on that pc.

Re: GoogleUpdate.exe Aplication error makes my computer freeze at the welcome screen and then it keeps restarting on its own.

Have you uninstalled Chrome browser? If you had uninstalled it, then try to uninstall all other google software on your host. Incase if it is not getting removed then go into the Windows Safe Mode and then remove it from there.

Re: GoogleUpdate.exe Aplication error makes my computer freeze at the welcome screen and then it keeps restarting on its own.

Is yout computer showing any kind of blue screen before it reboots? You have to disable Automatic Restart to view the error in the blue screen and then it will flash so fast before restarting that you may not see it. Check the below link on how to disable the automatic restart in Windows XP:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315192

I tried doing the safe mode but it says there was an error and that it couldn't start.
    I wish I could just unistall all the google stuff. And yes I did unistall google crhome.
    But now I can't uninstall the rest since it the computer just freezes when it gets to the welcome screen :/