Thread: Error 1053 - cannot start MS Software Shadow Copy Provider

Error 1053 - cannot start MS Software Shadow Copy Provider

I am using Mozy home Backup. My system has Windows XP Media Center 2005 SP3 on my pc. I am using the backup tool to keep my files copied to some place. Now I found that suddenly there is a problem with MS Software Shadow copy. I am not able to understand why this error started appearing. Things were working fine. But when I ran a backup process using Mozy home backup the issue appeared. It is not allowing to complete the backup process. What should I do.

Re: Error 1053 - cannot start MS Software Shadow Copy Provider

The issue lies with damaged windows service due to which you are getting the error. You can simply check the link below to collect information on problem you are facing. It is not simply complicated. Some internal service of windows fail to work among which backup is one. If you simply use the link below it will give you a solution on restoring the same. That is enough helpful.

FIX: You receive an "Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion" error message when you stop or pause a managed Windows service

Try to run system restore and see what you can get. System restore is an easy way to fix ample of problem related to this kind. Try to run windows update and keep your system update. It is another essential thing that you must keep on doing so that your system may stay way from this kind of problem.