Thread: idt high def audio

idt high def audio

I just wiped out my hard drive and reinstalled xp.
    I cant find a driver that will start the IDT high def audio. I find driver but its having trouble starting. dont know what to do with it. ant suggestions

I to have this problem while downgrading a HP Pavilion dv7z-1000 CTO notebook Part Number KQ003AX. I have a IDT HD Audio Codec with the same problem of being able to start up. HP swears they have no idea about this problem and that the only way to fix it is to install Windows Vista again. No Way will that happen, I'll smash the laptop before that happens again.

Re: idt high def audio

Quote Originally Posted by hovie76 View Post
    I have had to reinstall windows xp do to the fact that the windows programing
    collapesed on my dell laptop. The IDT HD Audio Codec is on malfuntioning and
    my speakers do not work. I have tried to download the driver from idt, but i
    wasn't able to find one that worked. How can i solve this issue easily?
    I have posts on HP.com that will assist you in this manor. However you will need to accomidate to your particular OEM. The process should be similar, but the STAC Driver I have posted there as a example to the guy who is asking me, has a HP specific configuration similar to mine. I had a TYPO on the Part Number which should read KQ003AV not AX.

Anyhow, the HP Forums screen name is Ez Customs. Look for it under HP Pavilion dv7 downgrade from Vista to XP. You should see it right away, just add my Screen name like this in your Search request, " Ez* " somewhere in the search and you will locate it pretty easy.

Please be aware that Dell does use very similar Laptop configurations, but may still be different enough that you will need to locate the chipset specific drivers for your PC. if you don't know how to obtain this information, then contact Dell Support, and ask them the Specific chipset/s that your Laptop/Desktop uses! After that is established then I can better assist you. Please try to keep this help in this forum to better help me keep this stuff straight. I can say though as of a few days ago, I am the first I have seen who have actually succeded in this downgrade with no Audio problems related to Popping and or any other irregularities. No I am not Gloating, but hey When you accomplish something that is seemingly undone, it is hard not to!!!

Re: idt high def audio

Guys, you will probably find the solution to your problem doing the following steps:

1) Download the following drivers of IDT Audio (these are from HP, but it doesn't rally matter):
    ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp33501-34000/sp33867.exe
    :
    2) Create a file start_audio.bat, write on it the following string:
    devcon.exe restart "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_293E"

After this, save it C:\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
    If you can't make the file, download it from here:
    http://www.filecloud.com/files/categ...gory_id=283210

3) Download the file DEVCON.EXE from microsoft. http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...240/devcon.exe

Unzip the file. You will have two folders! Copy the i386\devcon.exe into c:\windows

Now, you will reboot your computer and when start_audio.bat runs, your audio card will be detected, and you will be able to install its drivers (the ones you downloaded at step 1). After this your audio card will be working fine. The bad thing is that start_audio.bat will have to be kept on Startup, because it will need to be loaded everytime Windows starts.