Thread: SP3 - Cannot print to shared network printer

SP3 - Cannot print to shared network printer

I am using a Windows XP laptop. I had recently updated it to SP3. I am trying to print here. A printer is configured on the lan network which is shared and accessible to all. But somehow other computers on the network is not able to access the same. It looks like some kind of problem with the printer sharing. Sometime the printer works while sometime it is not available. Before updating XP things were working fine. I am not able to understand the issue here. My pc is the only in the network which is facing the problem.

Re: SP3 - Cannot print to shared network printer

I think this is a driver bug. I will recommend you to download the driver of the printer from web. Install it in your system and then try to reconnect the same. I am sure that will be simply enough to deal with the issue you are facing. Once the driver is installed you can then reconnect to the printer. And set it as your default device. If still this does not work then looks like some kind of connectivity problem with the printer.

Re: SP3 - Cannot print to shared network printer

What is the printer model you are having. First on other pc just go and check whether the printer is working fine or not. It is right that there can be connectivity issue. It can be in your pc also. When you connect the printer it is added by default in printer and faxes section. But if it is not appearing continuously then the issue lies with connectivity and sharing. Check your network settings and then try back.

I do not think this is a driver specific issue. There are chances that some security application is causing the problem. Just try to remove all the old printer drivers first and then add back it again. Go in the printer sharing settings and see it is configured properly. One easy thing you can do is connect the printer to a single pc and then share it with all others. You just need to go in Network places click on the pc on which printer is connected then right click on the printer and choose connect. That's all.