Thread: jpg files will not open

jpg files will not open

This is Windows XP running with Service Pack 3. I have about 500 images on system divided in to several folders (there are no images in ‘My Picture folder’). When I sort all these images in view/details, all images gets listed properly with proper size. But when I change them to thumbnail most of them appear fine but few of them wont show up thumbnail. Most of these are in .JPG extension. Within one particular folder, some photos appear as thumbnails, whereas others do not.

I thought there might be some problem with my PC itself hence I copied all file on my Laptop running on Vista OS but surprisingly I found the same result. There also I wasn’t able to see the thumbnails of those images. What is wrong and how can I fix this?

Thank you.

Re: jpg files will not open

There might some problem on one particular PC with particular files but as you said you get the same thing on Vista running laptop as well then you should realize that the problem is not with your PCs but the images itself. Most probably your images have got corrupt and there is no way to fix them unless you have their backup.