Thread: Virtual Memory too low

Virtual Memory too low

I am getting an error message that appears in the toolbar that says the virtual memory is too low and it will increase, but it will never do that because it keeps appearing again and again. Can anyone please help me out? Thanks.

Re: Virtual Memory too low

You can go to the virtual memory configuration window and set it to custom with a initial size=2 and max=1.5 times the size of your ram. For example, if you have 1 gig of ram, then set the max to 1.5 gigs. however, there is also a recommended size provided by your operating system and can be found on that same window where you set the size. Just be sure to have only 1 pagefile as some people set 2 or more and then reboot.

Re: Virtual Memory too low

Can you give us the report after doing Disk Defragmentation. Just open Disk Defragmenter and click on Analyse. Select View Report and click on Save As and Save. Now find VolumeC.txt in your My Documents Folder and post a copy. Do this before running Disk Defragmenter as it is more informative. Select Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, Disk CleanUp to Empty your Recycle Bin and Remove Temporary Internet Files. Also select Start, All Programs, accessories, System Tools, Disk CleanUp, More Options, System Restore and remove all but the latest System Restore point. Run Disk Defragmenter.

It could be possible tha you might look at current ram memory that is installed, 512mb or lower is insufficient for xp.As for virtual-memory,in system properties,set C: to "let system manage" click set 2X, close out, restart pc.

Actually, the correct setting for virtual memory is "system managed size". The amount of physical RAM needed to successfully run Windows XP depends primarily on the memory demands of installed software and the user's appetite for performance. Generally speaking, the amount of RAM that would have been sufficient to run XP Gold with reasonable performance is wholly insufficient to run Windows XP today, for a user engaged in typical home activities internet, office, no gaming.