Thread: XP Home Packard Bell laptop, total hard drive failure, no Windows XP Home CD but valid licence key on back of pc, what can I do?

XP Home Packard Bell laptop, total hard drive failure, no Windows XP Home CD but valid licence key on back of pc, what can I do?

I am having a laptop. The hard drive was failed recently. I tried to fix that through various ways but it did not worked. The drive was just not listed in the bios. I bought a new one and added that in the system. But I am stuck with a serious issue here. I am not having XP license key here. The stickers on the back of laptop has nothing. It is removed. The set of cd's that I got with the laptop has a XP disc but not license key on the same. What should I do.

You can contact the manufacturer and ask for help. Just drop a email or contact on the customer care support and see what you get. I am sure they will give you the cd key if they are able to find your product details. Or else you will need to buy a separate XP CD key. There is no way to recover it back. Try to check your product documents. It is necessary that you should keep the key safe somewhere.

Re: XP Home Packard Bell laptop, total hard drive failure, no Windows XP Home CD but valid licence key on back of pc, what can I do?

You can try to install Windows XP as a trial basis and after the installation is done there is a software called ProduKey that you can download from the internet and with the help of it you can easily retrieve your lost Windows product key. ProductKey is a handy tool that collects the product key and product ID of software and the operating system installed on a PC. These information are useful when you must proceed to reinstall the whole system or just some software.

Re: XP Home Packard Bell laptop, total hard drive failure, no Windows XP Home CD but valid licence key on back of pc, what can I do?

Another utility to recover the lost product key of Windows XP that you can use is KeyFinder Pro software. This utility allows you to recover your product key for Windows CD or Office programs incase if you want to reinstall your software or repair Windows or Office and you dont have the product key with you. It can also quickly save your product keys to a file and Print it as well.