Thread: CD burner not recognized with Media player or windows explorer

CD burner not recognized with Media player or windows explorer

The CD burner on my system has stopped working. It was working fine but the issue lies with Windows Media Player. Sometime the system takes a really long time to open the content of CD. I am bit annoyed with the same. I am having some mp3 cd. It is a new cd and there is on issue with the same. But somehow windows has failed to read the same. I had never noticed any issue before with cd/dvd ripping. Can anyone show me a proper way of ripping the content from optical drive.

Re: CD burner not recognized with Media player or windows explorer

You can first start with troubleshooting the drivers and then try back with some other settings. For that simply go in Device Manager first. In that right click on the driver and choose uninstall. Then restart your pc and test back. I am sure that will be enough. If there is no hardware issue in your system it will work fine. But if there any fault with the hardware then you cannot do anything in that. You will need to carry the optical drive in repair shop and then check back again.

Did you tried to check those disc in Windows Media Player. There are chances that the CD's are damaged or problem can be with the lens also. Recently my optical drive also stopped working. I thought first my cd's were damaged but later on I found the issue lies with the cd rom itself. I replaced that now things are working fine. If updating drivers does not help you then you can simply replace the drive and then check back.