Thread: How to remove a stop at the 'Select operating system' bootup promp

How to remove a stop at the 'Select operating system' bootup promp

I need some help with removal of a error that I am getting on my boot screen. The error is related to some select operating system. When I start my pc I am getting the error and it does nothing. I had just recently formatted my pc and installed windows xp back again from scratch. When the setup was over everything looks to be working well. And now it is giving me error to choose the OS. What should I do to fix the problem. I am unable to find anything.

Re: How to remove a stop at the 'Select operating system' bootup promp

I think you will need to re-install Windows xp. There is some problem with the setup. I hope you are using the genuine copy of windows or else problem will appear back again. Where you cannot do anything. Just boot from your pc and choose the partition back again format it and run the setup. If you get the error once again then the only option left here is to change the setup cd. You will have to arrange a different cd for the same.

Does your hard drive is having bad sectors. Long ago I had gone through the same kind of problem. But I was unable to find any solution. The issue occur when I was trying to install windows and the setup just failed. I thought the issue will be resolved by re-installing but that did not really worked well. You can use some bootable hdd scanner software to find out the problem with the hard drive. If there bad sector then I think you have to replace it.

Do you have a branded system. If yes then try to run the recovery through that. If not then it is better if you simply change the drive partition. It will be better I think. Just change the partition and check back. I had also got the same problem a time ago when I was not able to format any partition. When I try to do that I was getting error. But windows setup worked in the 3rd partition. Such kind of issue only appear due to hard drive errors.

I think changing the setup dis will do the job. Just change the same and then test back. You can arrange a separate setup disc that would work really well. While you can still your existing license key to activate the product. Just try the setup few more times. I am quiet sure that would work fine if everything goes well or else you have to change the setup disc.

Thanks it's so helpful