Thread: Flash 9.0.124.0 on 64-bit Windows Vista

Flash 9.0.124.0 on 64-bit Windows Vista

I need some help by which I can configure flash on my Windows Vista system. It is a 64bit operating system. The machine is a new build up which is configured just recently. When I open any website that has a flash video I am prompted to get latest flash update. I had installed that manually, but still it gives the same popup. I found a bit risky to update that online directly. So I had downloaded and perform the setup manually. It must work once it is done. I had not checked the 32 bit or 64 bit version of flash here. Is that be the matter.

Yes. What is the version of your web browser. By default Windows has Internet Explorer. Check the edition. If that is 64bit then you must download the relevant edition or else this would be the most common issue. Many time I had seen the official website offer you the 32bit edition which does not work on 64bit version of the web browser even when it supports backward compatibility.

Re: Flash 9.0.124.0 on 64-bit Windows Vista

I have a 64bit laptop with me. It is a new laptop that we bought recently. I had just started it and when I open youtube no video loads up. The internet connection is set on wiifi. Now to fix the videos I had first run some updates. I was having a flash version in my desktop that was downloaded before. I had installed it back again but that did not worked. Now I do not know where to find 64bit edition. My friend told me to install Google Chrome in my system. After installing that it started working. The video streaming and other updates are much better and it is worthy to use.

I had removed the default IE that I have and installed the 64bit edition. I am facing issue with videos of a university website. While Youtube and other are working. When I run the video it ask me to download some add-on of IE and when I run that I receive a error that it will not work. I added the 32bit edition back, then updated flash and still the same issue. It is really buggy to use a 64bit hardware as there is no support available for basic things.

You can try some other browser. Why are you running behind IE. As said above Google Chrome is one of the best browser I had seen. You can switch browser and get the basic flash update. That is more than enough to run those videos. Firefox is another good browser which is capable of giving you good video support. It is not right to say that 64bit things are buggy. They are quiet better compared to 32bit OS and will offer you a better support.

Re: Flash 9.0.124.0 on 64-bit Windows Vista

I never found error using a 32bit software on 64bit system. There are some issue while installation. It is always better to choose the most recent version from the official site. And it is not risky to run a online update. You can see a active x component update popup on the browser. Just click ok and the browser itself locates the download. You can then run the setup. That's all. Switching your browser and looking for some other alternative is quiet nice. I do not use IE as it is very annoying.

Just go to adobe website and download the 64bit edition of flash. It is quiet better and you can found the setup. Once you are done with the setup run those videos back. Again if you are getting the flash update error then do not visit those website. There can be a virus in it. ActiveX component update is the most common way to spread virus and I had seen a number of system infected with the same.