Thread: The Msdia80.dll file in wrong partitition

The Msdia80.dll file in wrong partitition

I had upgraded my hard drive. My system has Windows Vista x64 SP1 installed. I want to upgrade a much larger size hard drive. There is a TV-Tuner card also attached to the system. After adding a bigger driver I transfer all the recorded tv shows in it. There is a single dll file that was left. It is some Msdia80.dll. What should I do with this. I searched on Google and found that this file is associated with Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package. Does getting rid of this can be safer. And I do not remember when I had downloaded that package. I have AVG 8 installed. It is a free edition. Whenever I scan my system the cpu usages goes to 100%. I just want to confirm before deleting this file. It must not cause any error. It looks the file is transferred in wrong partition by mistake.

RE: The Msdia80.dll file in wrong partitition

I will recommend you to leave that as it is. It would be risky if some associated programs would fail to work on the same. It is possible to re-download the entire package back again but still I will not recommend to delete that dll file. I found a Microsoft KB article link that has more clear information on on this file.

The Msdia80.dll file is installed in the root folder of the boot drive when you install the Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package by using the Vcredist_x64.exe file or the Vcredist_ia64.exe file