Thread: Playing Blu-ray discs in x64 Corel WinDVD 10 does *not* work

Playing Blu-ray discs in x64 Corel WinDVD 10 does *not* work

I have a Windows 64bit operating system installed in my system. Now I have some blu ray disc with high definition video. I found that Corel WinDVD has a new edition that supports Blu-Ray playback. I purchased the same recently and installed it. It was installed and when I run the video from the disc the system freezes. I had to reboot the system to bring it back to normal state.

The best thing you can do is return the software back and ask for refund. I have PowerDVD with me. My OS is Windows Vista x64. All my blu-ray disk works quiet well on the same. There is no problem with playback at all. You need the right tool to run those videos. They are high quality video with large size and if you the player does not has the right codec, your system will freeze up. Somehow there is one more thing you can do. Check the resolution. If the resolution exceeds its limit it the system screen with either turn black or it will freeze and it can be terminated on reboot only. My system has a additional gpu installed because of which I did not face any issue with playing those videos.

I too have the same disc with me. It support blu ray disc but does not work on Windows 7 64bit. It is quiet stable with 32bit. So the issue does not lies with Corel DVD. The issue actually lies with the system you are having. PowerDVD has a x64 version or it many be compatible to work with any higher hardware architecture. Some somehow if you want to run those video files then you have to get a software which is quiet compatible and functions wells. Or it would be complicated for you to use it.

Re: Playing Blu-ray discs in x64 Corel WinDVD 10 does *not* work

Thanks a lot for those advice. I am here trying hard to run blu ray video on CorelDVD. I had did a number of installation and even contacted the vendor who sold me the disc. I thought the disc might be not working well, but the actual issue lies with the software. That is bit sad to find the issue with CorelDVD. Leaving PowerDVD behind is there any free alternative available that can allow use to run this thing in Windows. I had hooked my system to a widescreen TV and CorelDVD has ruin everything.

It is good to find that many are working on the issue. But getting PoweDVD is not the only solution. There should be some way to make the blu ray disc work on regular basis. What about a video card. If you have a video card then will CorelDVD works. There must be issue with rendering the video of that format. So installing the right codec can make those blu ray video to work on regular media player also. Does anyone has tried that. It would be far more complicated to work with the regular internal mpeg2 codec. Second thing I cannot find any settings to reduce the video resolution. Buy defaul it is set on a high ratio which makes it complicated for a video card to render.

In my system the problem lies with the monitor I own. It has limitation of working with that much resolution. I tried many things but nothing worked here. I do not think CorelDVD has some relation with the edition. It can be your hardware limitation that you are quiet ignoring.