Thread: From where I can download Windows Media Player 64bit

From where I can download Windows Media Player 64bit

Can anyone tell me from where I can download a 64bit edition of Windows Media Player. I have some DVD movies, and there is no video player installed in my system that can offer me a x64 bit support. I had tried to install K-Lite and Vista codec pack, but I receive a error that the movie resolution will be affected. K-Lite on Windows Media Play x32 works quiet nicely with the same dvd movies. What are the options available to use the same on x64 system without hurting the video quality. Thanks.

I too think that after installing Windows Vista Codec pack it will work. You had not checked properly in Windows. The media player is pre-installed in it. You must verify the same once. I am also having a x64 system in which I had ignore the same warning. But all stuff goes well. I am sure there would be some kind of changes and that will be minor. There are number of free video players you can find on web which almost plays everything.

re: From where I can download Windows Media Player 64bit

I think you must look for the same on Microsoft Website. They provide the download for it. You can get the 64bit edition of Windows Media player and install it. Somehow if Windows Media player is installed in your system, it will be by default a x64 edition. It would allow you to play dvd files. When you run a video in the media player you can get the small ffdshow icon on system tray. That is used by Media Player to render the audio files. So if there is nothing in your system which decodes the video files, it will not work. It is good to find some free video players on web that offer you similar support.

That is a bit interesting to find that this can be a issue with Media Player. I am surprised to find that you had not yet found this software in your system. And there is no way to uninstall it from Control Panel. Other than Vista Codec pack, there are third party codec also. You can try them and it will offer you a much better output. There are many third party codec that has helped a lot.

There is always a complication with x64 systems in terms of drivers or codec. I had seen some news where we will be able to find some regular updates on codec so early. Windows Updates might be having answers for the same. I am using a 32bit codec pack on x64 system and it is working fine. Your audio/video player must be capable of dealing with the same. If it is not compatible then you cannot do anything in that.

Just go on web and download ffdshow 64bit. This is the best thing you can go for. It works fine. I think Windows Media Player must be capable of reading each video audio on its own. My DVD files are some in different format. I never checked them. I kept the dvd to autoplay on media player. They give sometime a hard time, but somehow it works. There are various players that work, but if you need quality you have to make adjustment. The codec can render a limited amount of resolution as per its capacity.

I am testing FFDShow in my system. Have two computers. Among which a laptop has Vista 64bit and the second one has 32bit OS. The other works quiet fine and there is no bug with anything. It is cooler enough to perform well. I have some DVD disc that was sent by my friend. The 32Bit OS plays it well with default Vista Codec installed. But the 64bit edition does not detect it. I installed the same codecs on 64bit edition also. It somehow accepted the setup. The video quality is hampered to a little only. It is not noticeable.

I am having a Vista netbook with me. It has Vista Home Premium installed and the cd shows some x86 OS. So just to test I found 64bit edition of ffdshow. It is working with almost all kind of video files I have. I have third party video player. Now the issue happen is Windows Media Player stopped working. By default I think every Windows, either 32bit or 64bit has 32bit edition of Media Player only. 64bit OS doesn't means that you have a 64bit software installed. They might be using the same old one. Due to some reason it looks the codec has damaged the internal mpeg2 codec which cause all video to die.

I had formatted my computer and installed Vista 32bit. I need a system that can provide me a stable support for video processing. I do not want it to keep on crashing and make things complicated. After installing ffdshow32 things went a bit fine and there is no error at all. The setup was fine and all videos work. Now the issue arrived as I installed some additional drivers to connect other hardware. It screwed everything and the pc is now crashing with bsod.

64bit dvd decoder for xp x64 pro

My system is having the same issue. But instead of Vista, I am using Windows XP 64bit Pro edition. I thought 32bit codecs will work better. Actually I was not aware about this 32 and 64bit thing. I wonder that it is one common software that works in different system. FFDShow is installed by my friend and at that time he told that it is some 64bit edition. As per my experience if you do not fiddle much with the codecs, your system is going to work fine or else you might spoil some complicated internal files.

Thanks for this thread. It has ample of discussion based which are quiet valuable. I am having a Windows XP x64 system. The problem is quiet solved and next time I am going to take care about those editions. I had seen and verified that ample of software that comes installed by default are 32bit only and we try to enforce 64bit updates on them due to which many faces the issue. If you download manually the 64 edition then that will work. You have to get rid of then the installed older edition.