Thread: Fixed: The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

Fixed: The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

If anyone comes across this error in their even viewer "The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {555F3418-D99E-4E51-800A-6E89CFD8B1D7} to the user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE SID (S-1-5-19). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool." They can try following below steps for fixing it.
    • Go into registry at: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{555F3418-D99E-4E51-800A-6E89CFD8B1D7}, copy the key:AppId:{B1B9CBB2-B198-47E2-8260-9FD629A2B2EC} and paste it into text editor.
    • Go to Start > Run > Type "dcomcnfg" without quotes. Once you get ComponentServices, Right click on DCOM Config, select Properties, change view to details, check out for matching {B1B9CBB2-B198-47E2-8260-9FD629A2B2EC}.
    • Now select its Properties >Security >Launch and Activation Permissions >Custom >Add local activation for local service account and check out if there is any account which do not have right permissions. You can refer to below article for setting right permissions.
      Event 10016 may be logged in the System log on a computer that is running Windows XP Professional x64 Edition

Re: Fixed: The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

Hi
    it was worked for me.

Thanks

Re: Fixed: The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

Under Dcom Config you can find a sub node with similar name. It is 000C101C-0000-0000-C000-000000000046. You have to right click on the same and choose Properties. The process is almost same but this worked for me. Go to Security. There you can find a number of things here are disabled. When you are unable to modify the same then it means you don't have admin privileges for this thing. You have to grant a full permission to your own account and then go ahead with restarting the service. This would be more than enough to fix the problem.

Sometime there is a bit issue with fixing the permission. It is weird to find that the permission is simply restored back to old one when you had done nothing in the settings. I am unable to get a proper idea why this thing is saved forever. I had done some updates recently and the same issue appeared back again. What thing in the system is altering the permission thing. I am looking for a good DCOM Config management tool. Through which I can fix the permission with single click instantly.