Thread: Can we use Internet proxy settings for 32-bit applications on 64-bit Windows 7

Can we use Internet proxy settings for 32-bit applications on 64-bit Windows 7

Can I utilize the Internet proxy settings for 32-bit applications on 64-bit Windows 7. Which do not make available an alternative for configuring the Internet proxy settings, are unable to utilize the system-wide proxy settings configured from side to side IE9 or Control Panel on 64-bit Windows 7 Home Premium on my Dell laptop and so not be able to connect to the Internet. On the other hand, 64-bit applications, the Windows to bring up to date client and Microsoft Security Essentials are the entire capable to utilize the system-wide settings. I in addition become aware of that when I change the proxy settings, merely the ProxyServer value for the Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings, and Computer\HKEY_USERS\[...]\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings. The keys in the registry changes. Do several additional key values in the registry necessitate to be position so with the intention of 32-bit applications be able to utilize the system-wide Internet proxy settings.

Re: Can we use Internet proxy settings for 32-bit applications on 64-bit Windows 7

What applications are failing. Is IE9 32-bit failing. If yes, what alternative settings do you observe in IE9 32-bit. The alternative settings you determine to in addition locate in HKLM\Software\Microsoft\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings and in HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings. The proxy settings be appropriate to IE. Nokia Suite might not utilize this settings.

Re: Can we use Internet proxy settings for 32-bit applications on 64-bit Windows 7

Please you utilize a proxy client to be relevant system-wide proxy settings. The Nokia suite is recognized to be not capable to utilize a proxy, which requires authentication. It acquires the settings commencing from IE, other than merely works for proxies without authentication or if authentication be able to be completed via a webpage or similar previous to starting the connection via Nokia PC Suite.